We spent 2 hours researching the reviews of the Samsung UE40MU6120 to see what the experts and people who purchased it thought.
Based on these reviews we have given the Samsung UE40MU6120 a meta score of 4.4 (out of a maximum possible score of 5), taking into account performance and cost.
In summary, here’s what people thought:
8 reasons to buy
– Unmatched brightness, shadow detail and authentic colour are available with this Certified Ultra HD product. Scenes are vivid and brighter than average. This model offers the Active Crystal Colour and High Dynamic Range feature.
– As you would expect it is 4k and has HDR but Samsung’s built in UHD dimming technology helps the TV to achieve a better colour contrast than rivals.
– Smart View feature available with your compatible mobile device ensures you never miss a beat whether you’re at home or on the go.
– Turn your mobile device into a controller for hours of endless entertainment challenging friends in the latest game trend. Cut the cords in your very own in-home arcade with cloud gaming. Requires internet connection.
– Samsung’s Quad Core Processor allows for rapid browsing between multiple sources with limited interruption. Browse apps, stream content, engage in online games and find new adventures via the Smart Hub.
– In keeping with cutting cords, there is cable-free audio available with this set. Hook up your Samsung soundbar via Soundconnect for a crisper audible experience.
– Small, but mighty. This petite wonder is packed full of pleasant surprises, like the Auto Motion Plus feature that brings viewers into the action. The image processing speed, backlight technology and a super-fast frame refresh rate rivals that of much more expensive (and larger) products.
– Say bye-bye to the blur. Samsung’s Ultra Clean View analyses the input signal and removes detected noise from the feed. Even old standards are improved with this technology, so you can watch your favourites like never before.
3 reasons NOT to buy
– Can’t turn without having to move the entire stand.
– Some users have reported a “no internet available” error message.
– HD channels are far superior to non-HD channels on this model. Some adjustments are needed for a smoother viewing experience on lower channels.
The bottom line
This telly is incredibly impactful for its size and price point. If you’re upgrading from a non-Smart TV, you will be amazed. If you’re downgrading from a larger Smart TV, you will find some improvements worth noting, but none are too drastic. Worth the price for the size and ease of use.
If you’re having this unit shipped to your home, make sure it’s insured. Shipping issues have been known to happen and whole sets needing to be replaced. Pick up at the store is best when possible.
What users say
Amazon users give this TV a score of 4.1/5.
Tesco users gave it a score of 4.7/5.
Richer sounds users gave it a review of 4.8/5.
The reviews are flying high for this small Smart TV that could!
What The experts say
“A top-rated and best selling 40″ 4K TV, with good features and very low running costs” – Kagoo
“The UE40MU6120 is on the lower end of Samsung’s 4K offering and won’t offer many of the bells and whistles you’d find on a more expensive Quantum Dot or OLED, HDR-ready TV, but for the price it’s a great entry point into the world of 4K.” – Trusted Reviews