YouGov has just released the results of a poll of 826 teachers who were asked about the performance of Michael Gove and the Coalition. It’s a damning end of year report for Education Secretary and the Coalition.
1) 82% say academies and free schools are not taking education in the right direction.
For those teachers actually working in academies and free schools the figure is a whopping 75%.
2) 74% say their morale has gone down since the last election.
71% say they do not feel trusted by the Government.
3) Half of those asked reported malnutrition or hunger affecting pupils.
4) 67% favour strike action
4) 79% say Michael Gove has had a negative impact overall.
5) 93% say schools should not hire unqualified teachers.
6) Only 12% would vote Tory if the election was tomorrow.